Still pondering the meaning of growing older here, with 50 now looming nearly 11 months away on the horizon. Still think Growing Older is not a bad thing. In fact, here's a list of 10 great things about Growing Older:
1. If you messed up* on marriage the first or second ... time, you get to do it all over again.
2. You've gained the amount of confidence you always wished you had.
3. You can write "veteran" as a description on your resume and know it can't be questioned.
4. You can claim "veteran" for more than a few things other than the work experiences because now you have truly been around the block a few times.
5. You've come into your own.
6. You've figured out a few things in your life about:
7. You've learned not to sweat the small stuff. (Well, still on the curve a little here.)
8. You've figured out what is the small stuff. (I'm pretty good at deciphering it after a little bit.)
9. You've learned what's really important in Life.
10. You've been through enough Life crises to know: IGBOK**.
*Actually, I don't believe there are mess ups. Just lessons learned. Had I of not married Grace's father, there would be no Grace. Not a mess up at all. But can I do it a little better next time by learning from my stumble-bumbles? Absolutely.
**IBOK: It's going to be okay.